Study at CPA Atlantic School
CPA PEP is comprised of a series of six modules focused on preparing CPA candidates for a career in business and accounting, targeted toward mid-level to management-level positions.
The path through the six PEP modules is flexible with various start dates, choice of breaks, and two scheduled Common Final Exams each year. The CPA PEP Pathways outline multiple options through the program.
To complete the CPA PEP, you must complete six modules and the Common Final Examination (CFE).
Two Core Modules
- Core 1: focuses on financial accounting and reporting
- Core 2: focuses on management accounting, planning, and control
Two Elective Modules (out of these four)
- Performance Management
- Audit & Assurance
Two capstone modules
- Capstone Integrative Module (Capstone 1)
- Deepens strategic leadership competencies by using the knowledge acquired in prerequisite and earlier modules in a professional, team setting. You will complete a large business case, which relates to Day 1 of the CFE.
- Capstone Examination Preparation Module (Capstone 2)
- Focuses on preparing candidates for entry into the profession by applying competencies acquired throughout the CPA program in complex and highly integrative cases. You will develop your enabling competencies in situations which simulate real-life projects and assignments that newly certified CPAs may encounter in their careers.
Common Final Exam (CFE)
The Common Final Exam (CFE) is a three-day examination requiring candidates to demonstrate depth and breadth of competency development in accordance with the CPA Competency Map.