Mentorship is a crucial part of a candidate’s practical experience. As a mentor you will provide support and guidance to your candidate(s) on their development and progress through the CPA program. Emphasis on ethical and professional behaviour of a professional CPA.
As a member in good standing, you will provide guidance to aspiring CPAs to help them achieve required competencies, with a focus on developing the essential enabling skills for ethical behaviour, decision-making, problem-solving, communication and leadership.
MENTOR ASPIRING CPA
Your role as a CPA mentor does not require you to help CPA students/candidates with their studies, exam preparation, or job search. Instead, you can expect to:
- provide future CPAs support and insight that can broaden their mindsets
- give back and invest in the future of the profession
- enhance your personal growth and professional development from mentoring
The process to become a mentor
To mentor a CPA candidate, you must be a CPA in good standing with your provincial governing body.
- Watch the short informative CPA mentor orientation video to gain an understanding of mentorship expectations and requirements.
- Register with CPA Atlantic School of Business to become a CPA mentor.
- Await approval before officially starting your mentoring relationship.
Once you have been approved as a CPA mentor, you can start mentoring three ways:
- Through the Mentor Match Portal
- Have a CPA student/candidate identify you as their CPA mentor or
- Contact us directly, and we would be happy to match you with a candidate actively seeking a CPA mentor, email@example.com.
We would encourage you to review documents and resources available to you from CPA Canada on CPA Mentorship.
THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO GET INVOLVED IN THE CPA MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
- Volunteer to join the CPA mentoring pool
- Participate in your organization’s pre-approved program (if applicable)
- Accept a mentor request from a future CPA
CPA Mentorship Program: FAQs for Mentors available on the CPA Canada website contain the answers to questions you may ask about the CPA mentorship program.REGISTER TO BECOME A CPA MENTOR TODAY
For more information on becoming a CPA Atlantic School CPA mentor, please contact our Practical Experience Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.