CPA Atlantic School of Business wishes to pass along a heartful congratulations to all successful May 2022 CFE writers in our region. Well done!
The 2022 Common Final Examination (CFE) was written on May 25-27, 2022. The results were released on August 12, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. AST.
The list of successful candidates can be found here: Successful May 2022 CFE Writers in the Atlantic Region and Bermuda
On behalf of CPA Atlantic School of Business, we would like to extend congratulations to all of you for achieving this point in your professional careers.
Access the Marks Portal
- Access your CFE feedback forms through the candidate marks portal. Candidates logging in for the first time should use their seven-digit CPA candidate ID number (which begins with a “4”) as the username and password. Candidates will be prompted to select a password for portal access going forward.
Profiling successful CFE writers
- For those consenting candidates who are successful on the 2022 CPA Common Final Examination, it is customary that their names, employers, and municipality of employment are used in communications in support of the profession, either by the CPA Atlantic School and/or by the CPA provincial/Bermuda body with whom you are registered (e.g. CPA New Brunswick). An example of this might be a list of successful CFE writers on a CPA provincial website that includes information such as “Jane Johnson, ABC Corporation, Moncton, NB”.
- In addition to successfully completing the PEP modules and the CFE, candidates need to complete a term of relevant practical experience of 30 months, including development of required competencies, to be eligible for membership with a provincial CPA body.
- If you have not done so already, please take the time to access the Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT) and start reporting your practical experience.
- CPA practical experience is administered by CPA Atlantic School of Business; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Application for Membership
- Once candidates have successfully completed all PEP modules, three days of the CFE and the practical-experience requirements, and are candidates in good standing with CPA Atlantic School (i.e. dues paid up to date) they may become eligible to be forwarded to their provincial/Bermudian accounting body for consideration for membership. Each province/Bermuda will be provided confirmation for each candidate once all requirements have been met.
Updating your profile information
- To ensure timely communications and ensure that your preferences and expectations are well met, we are asking candidates to please review personal details in their CPA profiles such as preferred email address for correspondence, current employer, municipality of employment, telephone number, and preferred language of correspondence.
- Profile updates can be done quickly and easily at CPA Atlantic School Registration Portal (https://myservices.cpaatlantic.ca/). If you require assistance with this, please let us know by contacting our registration staff at email@example.com.
For unsuccessful writers
To those who were unsuccessful on the May 2022 CFE, you have a few options. There are a variety of resources you can use through CPA Atlantic School to help you when considering rewriting the CFE in 2023. Information on rewriting, remarking, and Performance Analysis Reports (PAR) can be found below:
- Candidates that receive an unsuccessful result on Day 1, Days 2 & 3, or all three days will have the option to either request an appeal or their result and/or
- Request a Performance Analysis Report (PAR).
- The application form for these two options can be located on our webpage.
- Deadline to apply for an appeal or PAR is Monday, August 29, 2022 at 12 noon Atlantic.
- Candidates that receive an unsuccessful result on Day 1, Days 2 & 3, or all three days are encouraged to reach out to Nick Westcott, Director, Program Delivery & Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and book an advising meeting to discuss options for rewriting the CFE.
- Candidates receiving an unsuccessful result on the May 2022 CFE are strongly encouraged to wait until the next calendar year to rewrite the CFE rather than rushing to rewrite the September 2022 CFE. Given the amount of time and effort that is expected to be dedicated to preparing to rewrite the CFE, it is difficult to adequately prepare to immediately rewrite in 2022. Further, waiting until 2023 to rewrite also allows unsuccessful candidates to request a Performance Analysis Report (PAR), which will provide them with invaluable feedback as to where they fell short in May. The PAR has proven to be a very useful tool on subsequent CFE attempts; therefore, we highly recommend candidates request a PAR and wait until a future offering to rewrite.
Although it is strongly discouraged, unsuccessful May 2022 CFE candidates will be permitted to register for the September 2022 CFE offering between Friday, August 12 at 2 p.m. and Wednesday, August 17 at 5 p.m. via the CPA Atlantic School Registration Portal (https://myservices.cpaatlantic.ca/). There will be limited space in each city for these late registrations. If you choose to rewrite the CFE and there is no space left in your selected city, you will be required to choose and alternative city or wait until a future offering to rewrite.
On behalf of CPA Atlantic School of Business, our sincere best wishes to you in your journey to becoming a CPA!